Job Title: Use-Inspired R&D Director
Overview: We are seeking a visionary Use-Inspired R&D Director in Climate related science and technology for the Colorado-Wyoming Climate Resilience Engine (CO-WY Engine). This role is pivotal in steering the direction of our groundbreaking climate research and solutions program. The ideal candidate should be a skilled navigator in the realms of academia, government labs, and corporate innovation, adept at integrating diverse insights and fostering synergies.
Location: Hybrid Position includes 2-3 required office days in Fort Collins, CO weekly. As the Engine covers two states, travel throughout Colorado and Wyoming is expected, with primary travel along the Colorado/Wyoming Front Range.
The mission of the CO-WY Engine is to translate environmental monitoring technologies and predictive analytics into practical and reliable decision support systems, effectively addressing the escalating threats posed by climate change. We are committed to promoting equitable and inclusive development, ensuring that our innovative solutions benefit all communities, especially those most affected by climate challenges.
- Develop and implement strategic roadmaps for climate science and technology projects, ensuring alignment with CO-WY Engine’s mission and overarching objectives.
- Facilitate multidisciplinary research teams, fostering communication, innovation, inclusivity and diversity and guiding project execution to ensure adherence to timelines and goals.
- Oversee grant solicitation, reviews, and execution, encompassing identification of funding avenues, proposal development, and management of grant outcomes.
- Cultivate robust partnerships with key stakeholders, including industry partners, government laboratories, and academic research institutions, to drive impactful advancements in climate science and technology.
- Act as a liaison between CO-WY Engine and partner researchers, ensuring seamless collaboration and knowledge exchange.
- Engage with federal labs, leveraging their expertise and resources to augment research capabilities and innovation potential.
- Integrate corporate open innovation practices, creating pathways for commercialization and practical application of research outcomes.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends, technologies, and opportunities in climate science and technology, guiding the organization towards strategic advancements.
- Offer expert advice and insights to both internal and external stakeholders, shaping CO-WY Engine’s position as a leader in climate innovation.
- Facilitate a culture of creativity and problem-solving, addressing complex challenges in the dynamic field of climate resilience.
- Work closely with the Chief Technology Officer in all aspects of this role.
- A Master’s or higher degree in engineering, climate science, environmental science, engineering, or a related field. Ph.D. preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic technology road mapping, grants administration, and leading innovative projects in climate science and technology.
- In-depth understanding of the climate science landscape, including mitigation and adaptation strategies.
- Proven ability to engage effectively with multiple stakeholders, including academia, government labs, and the corporate sector.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with a history of inspiring teams towards achieving project objectives.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, essential for collaboration and building relationships across diverse groups.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities in a dynamic and evolving environment.
- A strong commitment to addressing climate-related challenges and driving positive environmental impact.
If you are a visionary leader passionate about spearheading transformative climate initiatives and contributing to a sustainable and resilient future, we invite you to apply now.
Submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Please use the subject line: “Application: Use-Inspired R&D Director”
Application Deadline: Fast approaching: Monday, February 26th by Noon Mountain Time.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary range: $90,000 – $135,000
- 401K plan with employer matching options
- Insurance options (medical, dental, vision, life); Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) options; Short- and long-term disability coverage
About the Colorado—Wyoming Climate Resilience Engine (CO-WY Engine):
Led by Innosphere Ventures and funded by the U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF), the CO-WY Engine is a collaborative initiative focused on driving innovation in climate resiliency and sustainability across the Colorado-Wyoming region. The CO-WY Engine brings together a diverse network of partners to develop and commercialize technologies that address critical environmental challenges, foster economic growth and enhance community well-being.
Visit www.co-wyengine.org for more information.